Level up your slow motion game with my authentic review on top 10 best 4k slow motion cameras of 2020.
With the ever-increasing demands for Slo-mo videography for our luxurious big fat weddings and birthday events, it has become inevitable to use HD best quality 4k slow motion cameras. Every single videographer and filmmaker is in search of perfect, crisp, and breathtakingly stunning slow motion shots for their projects and in short, to get hired (to be very honest). After all, man, if you’re a newbie in photography, it takes a great deal to convince people to pick you up for their special moments as we see dozens of new photographers coming to this field every day, but only a few of them excel.
AND I MUST SAY IF YOU WANT TO BE IN THE TOP SLOT, YOUR CAMERA CAN PLAY A HUGE ROLE IN IT!! I bet you 😀
Top 10 best 4K slow motion cameras of 2019
The thing is anybody can get pretty good results even with the cheaper cam but to make HD movie, Can we still work with the same old digital or movie camera we used to see on different weddings in our childhood?? Absolutely NO!! We do need professional high-class equipment as it has become the need of the hour. And what’s best than a 4k slow motion camera in hand?
Buying 4k video cam can be a hectic task if you don’t research the company, models, and pros and cons of it. There are a lot of available and some on cheaper rates too, but the real question is which one to choose from??? After all, It’s a huge amount of investment (hundreds of dollars), so there should be considerable thought given to it.
I’ve done detailed research and got you a list of top 10 best 4k slow motion cameras of 2019 for creating the memorable slow-motion cinematography. Also, one thing to comprehend is that a specific camera can’t be perfect for each one of you. You’ll be having specific requirements and specifications while someone else wants another set of features. So go for the one which best suits you, your type of work and the features essential for you too.
Let’s dig in! J
Sony-DSCRX10 III Cyber-Shot Digital Still Video Camera
A versatile combo of heavenly features. The most famous and the perfect 4k Slow motion camera is Sony DSCRX10.
- Optical sensor resolution is 20.1 MP one inch CMOS Image sensor is large plus 4K for video, promising you of excellence in work.
- It is your next-go-to slow-motion camera aimed at a High frame rate of up to 960fps (40x), serving you a slow-motion mode to videos taken at high speed.
- Screen size: 3 inch
- Have excellent image stabilization
- Optical zoom 25X
- High frame rate speed of up to 960fps making it a seamless king for all categories of slow-motion settings
- It comes with numerous features to offer variations to your photography and videography including standard, landscape, and portraiture
- It zooms with a varied focal length of 24mm-600mm
- The maximum aperture fits night and low lit situations
- It has a huge image sensor for additional detail in your work
- There are cheaper cameras in the market with more or less same features
- External memory is not included
Want my opinion? Well, if you have a big-budget and you don’t want to compromise on quality, then definitely go for this cam. It not only gives you the best video experience but also works using the BIONZ X engine, which delivers fast image processing and noise fall for most exceptional stills and videos.
What’s more convenient, it has a camera app for secure connectivity to mobile devices via NFC and Wi-Fi. The camera comes at a medium-range price point. It is constructed with magnesium alloy for toughness. Additionally, it has dust and moist resistant features. Just as outstandingly, it possesses a maximum aperture of f/2.4-f-4 ideal for night and low light situations. Also, its autofocus speed of 0.09seconds is divine. GRAB IT NOW!!
2: GoPro Hero 7
Smart-capture superpower with latest GoPro ever
- 4K60/50 slo-mo video capture
- The high frame rate of 1080p240/200
- 12MP still photos with selectable HDR
- Hyper Smooth video stabilization
- Time Warp Stabilized Time-Lapse Video
- Vertical portrait mode for social media
- Face, smile, and scene detection
- 16-command voice control
- Waterproof digital action to 33′ without a housing
- Direct live streaming to Facebook Live
- Freaking smooth footage
- Intuitive, smartphone-like touchscreen
- 8X Slo-Mo video
- Connects to phone via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Absolutely None!!
Guys! Meet Mr. HERO (Not to be confused with that charming hero from your favorite Hollywood movie!), but in reality, it has become a HERO of our attention as its absolute perfection!! If you’re planning to go on vacation, then this is the prime time to get this camera. Why? Because it captures your adventures with aptness and so much brilliance that you won’t be getting over it for a few years. GoPro stays to create quality digital cameras that are both exceedingly purposeful and long-lasting — plus MAJOR FAVOR!! They’re still one of the most inexpensive bang-for-your-buck options on the market. You can speed up to 30X to turn longer activities into shareable moments. With regular UHD 4K up to 60fps, you’d be hard-pressed to find better specs on any camera. And although it might always look the same, the rough-and-tumble design and remote operation capabilities can yield plenty of great slow-motion sequences. From your seaside trips to the good time in mesmerizing green valleys. Capture your precious moments in a new way with GoPro HERO7! J
Panasonic Lumix GH5S
This is one uncompromising video tool, Panasonic Lumix is at number 4 on my top 10 best 4k Cameras list.
- Category: Mirrorless
- Sensor size: Micro Four Thirds|
- Resolution: 10.2MP
- Lens: Micro Four Thirds
- Viewfinder: EVF
- Monitor: 3.2-inch vari-angle display, 1,620,000 dots
- Maximum continuous shooting speed: 12fps
- Movies: 4K at 60fps
- Multi-aspect sensor design
- Brilliant video spec
- Mirrorless design facilitates high enactment, stability, flexibility, and low light gathering necessary for 4k video shoots.
- Absence of built-in image stabilization
- Battery life could be better
Presenting you the Panasonic LUMIX GH5S that offers over 29 LUMIX and LEICA compact lens options Though it can shoot stills quite favorably (although at a pretty limited 10.2MP resolution), this should be seen principally as a video camera. Dual native ISO provides ultra-sensitive video capture with remarkably low noise. Whereas the unavailability of IS might be discontent for some, that issue aside, the breadth of video features is unbelievably impressive. (If you need to shoot broadcast-level footage minus, you won’t find a perfect video-focused camera right now.)
Sony a7 III Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera
The godfather of action cameras
- Advanced 24.2MP BSI Full-frame Image Sensor w/ 1.8X readout speed
- ISO from 50 to 204,801
- Mechanical shutter up to 10/fps with AF tracking
- Distinction points 425 AF and image handling of 93%
- Top of Form
- 64 GB Memory Card
- Premium Handmade Secure Camera Strap
- Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 for Sony Mirror-less
- Sling Studio Live stream & Switcher
- Bottom of Form
- 15-stop dynamic range, 14-bit uncompressed RAW
- Silent Shutter up to 10fps
- 2 MP image sensor
- Able to record at 4K and 1080p
- The 16-bit internal recording captures extraordinary detail
- Too small to support filming accessories
This camera comes with striking features and can make outstanding 4k videos, unusually short ones. It has 3 inches LED and comes with a rechargeable battery, AC Adapter, shoulder strap, eyepiece cap and, Micro USB cable. The a7 III can’t support all accessories used in filming due to its smaller size, its best for long filming sessions. But if you’re looking to capture intricacies of real-life at the moment, I mean, who puts a stand and then films your special candid moments? Nobody got so much time to do that. Ultimately, you need the a7 III as it’s a must-have.
Fujifilm X-T3 Mirrorless Digital Camera
Fujifilm beautifully upgrades up the video specs from the previously adept X-T2
- Category: Mirror-less
- Sensor size: APS-C
- Resolution: 1MP
- Lens: Fuji X | Monitor: 0-inch tilt-angle display, 1,040,000 dots
- Viewfinder: EVF
- Extreme continuous shooting speed: 11fps
- 4K Movie recording
- Log shooting as standard
- Detailed footage
- The first Mirrorless digital camera with an APS-C or larger sensor that is capable of 4K/60P 4: 2: 2 10bit HDMI output.
- Capture 10-bit video at 4:2:0 internally, together with a far denser phase-detect AF array that makes for more refined subject tracking.
- Great autofocus
- Viewfinder showing some fringing
- Certain physical panels are little tricky
Fujifilm actually made a bundle of effort to renovation many features of the X-T2’s spec sheet to craft the X-T3, and developments in video recording were extra noteworthy than is typically the case for such a model. There’s also an approaching Hybrid Log-Gamma option, on top of the F-Log setting that can be used for internally captured recording given as standard. It also gives you huge gratuity of applying no crop while recording 4K footage at 30p, and only a minor 1.18x crop when boosted to 60p shooting. Another plus is that both mic and headphone sockets are now merged into the body after reviewing this product. I have found out that camera can beautifully shoot thoroughly complete and natural footage, whether you’re capturing typically or using one of the slow-motion options, and this is on top of a stellar performance elsewhere, attractive image quality from the new sensor and immediate reply throughout the operation. In my opinion, it’s an incredible camera, won’t disappoint you either. Though it’s not cheap, there’s nothing quite like it.
Panasonic-Lumix GH5 4k digital camera
The Lumix GH5 is a feature-laden 4K workhorse
- 3 MP mirrorless camera with digital live MOS Sensor, and therefore it is small and compact.
- 5 –axis Dual IS 2.0
- 4K 4:2:2 10 Bit-video
- Full-size HDMI out
- Video capture resolution 4k UHD 2160p
- Photosensor size: micro four thirds
- Optical zoom: 1x
- 2 inch LCD
- The camera offers a brilliant slow-motion effect at 4k, 60fps with the 8MP resolution.
- It is dirt and squelches proof.
- It works at quite low temperatures.
- It is small and lightweight and significant as a travel companion.
- Several accessories, including a weatherproof hard case and Sony 64GB SD Card, are provided.
- It is a new model.
- It is expensive.
Do you know the title this cam has earned? Let me tell you; it’s called Pinnacle of Perfection. It’s because of the 20.3 MP MOS sensor through which we can positively capture super sharp images. The frame is assembled using magnesium, allowing full-die-cast armor for a lightweight (it weighs 1 pound) and yet durable unit. Other than that, it is weatherproof and functions in temperatures as low as -10 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, it has weather sealing features on the dial, button, and joint providing dust and splash-proof features. For slow motion, the camera’s 4K at 60fps with about 8MP resolution freezes to achieve an exceptional slow motion effect. Coming towards the price, it is available at a medium-range price point. Nevertheless, it is still quite pricey in contrast with budget-friendly models in the market. You need to check out this for sure!
Nikon-Coolpix P500 36x Nikkor Black Digital Camera
High resolution meets high speed
- 36x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens.
- It contains CMOS sensor 12.1-megapixel for ultra-speed process and incomparable low-light enactment.
- VR Image Stabilization (IS) System, which is 5-way.
- It can take 5 shots per second at the highest resolution.
- Jam-packed HD Movie (1080p) experience with Audio and stereo sounds.
- Nikon-Coolpix P500 will bring diversity to your videography and photography with its many outstanding features.
- It has a focal length of 22.5—810mm, which is quite a wide zoomable range to offer different specialized kinds of photography and videography.
- It is excellent for slow-motion, recording high-speed activities in slow motion mode
- It is sensibly priced
- It has a 36X zooming capability
- It has a 12MP CMOS sensor
- VR image stabilization
- It is quite an old model
I bought my first camera of (Guess what) Nikon company. It has my heart. Here, this particular camera I’m reviewing has so much to offer. It features a 12.1-megapixel CMOS sensor that offers high-speed and low-light performance without a flash. Best of all, it has a 36X zooming range for versatility. Also, it has a quick autofocus for your convenience. It records high-speed activity in slow motion with its full speed range, including 120 fps, offering 1080 p at 30fps in full HD.
Additionally, it has a built-in microphone for video footage. The camera has a short shooting distance of 0.4 inches to suit macro photography and videography. Not to mention that it has a VR image stabilization system to offer shake-free videos and still images. On top of that, it has advanced landscape and advanced night portrait modes for night shooting adventures. I mean, you’re getting all of it at such a reasonable price. Isn’t it astounding?? I’d not have missed this great Value on money (VOM).
Price range: $112- $429
Sony Alpha A6500
Sony’s 4K-enabled APS-C model is a knockout, one of m favorite 4k slow motion camera.
- Type: Mirrorless
- Lens: Sony E mount
- Monitor: 3-inch tilting touchscreen, 921k dots
- Maximum continuous shooting speed: 11fps
- Resolution of 24.2MP APS-C Exmor sensor w/ advanced processing up to ISO 51.200
- Extensive 425 phase-detection AF points, Fast 0.05 sec. AF acquisition
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization steadies every lens.
- Silent Shooting. Clatter Decline.
- Extended coverage offered at shutter speeds lengthier than 1 sec
- continuous shooting of 11fps to 269 frames at 24.2MegaPixels
- 4K movie w/ 2.4x oversampling4, full pixel readout, no pixel binning
- Its Amazon’s choice best pick.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant body.
- It can record 6K footage, which is downsampled to 4K for the advantage of excellence and consumes the proficient XAVC S codec having a rate of 100Mbps.
- You can also take advantage of a 425-phase-detect-point focusing system for rapid focus.
- S-Log gamma settings include a terrific autofocusing system.
- A little bit slow Touchscreen.
- The Headphone jack isn’t included.
Initially, the preceding APS-C-based Alpha A6300 was a great success with fanatics. Now its advanced model Alpha A6500 is on its way to beat its earlier model. The main feature of the camera is that it is joined by Log gamma modes, 120fps HD recording (also at 100Mbps), and enhanced zebra patterning to keep an eye on exposure. Plus a great 2.36-million-dot OLED viewfinder, together with 11fps burst shooting at full resolution. For your increment in interest to buy this cam! I’m telling you prices are getting much lesser than earlier. Stop thinking and start buying. There can’t be a better opportunity than NOW!!
Panasonic-Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Gold Package
A Bundle of joy (accessories) in the most affordable price
- A gold package kit includes a Camera, tripod, SD card, UV filter, Microphone, Lens cleaning kit with full USA Warranties.
- I am offering a 4K QFHD 30p video with a hybrid 8MP still image post-capture.
- Incorporated smartphone Wi-Fi for remote imaging controller.
- Huge 1-inch 10.1-megapixel MOS Sensor — Bright Leica DC Lens 25-400mm F2.8-4.0
- LUMIX DFD Focus Equipment.
- Hybrid Photo Frame shoot for 4K Video of 8 Megapixels.
- Ultra-fast LUMIX DFD focusing technology.
- 16X optical zoom capacity and variable aperture size.
- Frame ratio of 100fps yields the finest slow motion videos.
- Rationally priced and the kit includes so many accessories (You won’t be missing it at all now, J).
- HD videos and high-resolution stills.
- The attention-grabbing part is the manufacturer’s one year warranty (will you get this favor anywhere else?)
- An equitably large sensor which is suitable for high-resolution images.
- It is weighty for manual operation and transferability.
- The microphone is not suitable for filming.
- It has no touch screen L
So my review of this camera is pretty short. Let’s start with camera FZ1000, which is one beautiful thing, justly speaking. It not only gives you high-resolution images, but it also has the most exceptional capability for 4K video recording, which HD. is A screen protector, cleaning kit, and camera bag is also the part of this treasure kit. The camera is made from plastic, and the noticeable thing is that it has a nice hold. Additionally, it is installed with the Panasonic app, which allows the transmission of videos or images to mobile devices. I think overall it’s pretty good. At least you won’t regret buying it if you want to make quality 4k Slow motion videos.
Price range: $620- $627
Canon-PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12.1 MP Digital Camera
Extensive features enfolded into a world’s thinnest body. The last one is Canon PowerShot one of the best 4k Slow motion cameras.
- Realm’s tiniest and cheapest digital camera
- 5x Optical Zoom and Optical Image Stabilizer.
- Fabulously Slow Motion Movie records video at high speeds to permit slow-motion playback.
- Complete 1080p HD Video for extraordinary results with stereophonic sound, in addition to a specially designed movie button for quick reach.
- Highest-speed Burst Mode captures 8.0fps with 24mm ultra wide-Angle lens.
- Canon’s HS SYSTEM with a 12.1 MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor enhances shooting quality in low-light conditions lacking the requirement for a flash.
- Smart AUTO wisely chooses the suitable settings for the camera based on 32 predefined shooting situations.
- The product is available in three colors; red, black, and silver.
- It is very economical.
- It gives flexibility in the 5X optical zoom category.
- It is so light to carry plus easily transferrable.
- Sturdy Image Steadiness and sharpness.
- It is instead an older model.
Canon-PowerShot is a fantastic pocket-friendly pick as it costs hugely less as compared to other cams, which makes it a GOOD BUY! (Not to be confused with Goodbye 😀). It is a multipurpose camera proposing numerous resolutions to match your variable photography requirements, including HD at 30fps. It comes with the best frame rate of around 240fps. That makes it perfect slow-motion video maker. You can optically zoom while shooting video and keep footage stable with Dynamic IS. Besides that, it’s Digic 4 Image Processor, which is Canon’s innovative image processing system that gives high speed and reduced noise.
Furthermore, the camera has a 2.7 inch LCD for your suitability. Also, the camera weighs only 5 ounces and has a slender, thin shape easily fitted in your pocket. What else do you need guys! 😛 Don’t you consider it one of the best options?
Price range: $79- $99
So this was all about my review on the top 10 best 4k slow motion cameras of 2020. I hope it helped you guys a lot. After reading reviews about all 10 cameras, you must be wondering that there’s nothing like a picture-perfect camera for every occasion. Still, I believe that the list I made for you above is an amazing little guide for you to review and select the product instantly. Hence, have a close look around and, hopefully, you’ll pick something that’s just enough for your needs. Also, I have mentioned prices, according to Amazon. You can look for estimates on any other website.
I wish you good luck!
Happy Purchasing! J
(Pro tip: Whenever you order, don’t overlook to add a high-speed and ample space containing SD card. Slo-mo recording can be very outsized in comparison to the regular record, so you’ll be needing the extra memory for sure.)